
I can't believe February will be here on MONDAY! Wow. Seems like I just took down all the Christmas decorations. I absolutely flippin' LOVE Valentine's Day. I always have. I always will. See reasons below.
1. Memories of making Valentine's bags in school in Crockett. White bags. Red hearts. Pink hearts. Glue. PASTE! The smell of the BIG red marker we got to use to put our names at the top. Tapped to the chalkboard rail. Would THAT special Valentine be in there?! And...I always thought it was important to decorate the back of my bag!
2. Valentine Cards. Then - getting a box of them at Perry Brothers or Duke & Ayres. Making sure I had enough for everyone in the class and a little left over...just in case I "messed up". Now - Finding the perfect one for Mr. Wonderful, my precious girls and my ya-yas.
3. Red & Pink. That's it. Just Red and Pink! Enough said.
4. Watching the kids at my Junior High...and remembering that time!
5. Red Valentine Suckers!! The big thick kind.
6. Planning the perfect day. I never thought of Valentine's Day as special for me. I just LOVE planning the day for Mr. Wonderful and the girls!
There IS one thing I don't like about V'Day...this word...and do you correct someone when they say it?? ValentiMe's Day...really?!
1 comment:
You BLOGGED! I'm so excited!!! :)
I love Valentine's Day too and HATE it when people say V-day and ValentiME's Day. So ridiculous!
Love you and love your happy ending new header! :)
Post a Comment