Fairy Godmother

I was in Austin this past week for a technology conference and got a chance to see my sister-in-law, Amy, on Wednesday. We always try to see each other at the conference since it's never just "us" with all our family. We talk most every week, but it's always so good to see each other. Amy called the next night and said that she and the kids were headed in to town (they live in Dripping Springs) and asked if they could stop by the hotel. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! I LOVE Rob's kids. They are so much fun. GREAT personalities and really funny.

A friend of mine was in my room and she told Kate (Rob's/Amy's little girl) that she knew her Godmother. (My Katy is her godmother...yes, I know...Katy and Kate...another story for another time!) Kate got a real serious look on her face (she's NEVER serious) and said, "I don't have a Godmothew" - yes, the "r" thing : ) Amy and I looked at her like she had lost her mind. She and Katy are VERY close and Katy takes the title of "Godmother" VERY seriously. So after she thought a while, she looked at my friend and said, "Ohhhhhh! You mean my FAIRWY Godmothew!! Katy Myweck!!" As if "Fairy Godmother" was just SO much more special than people who just have a plain ol' Godmother! I love it! I hope my godchildren think of me as their Fairwy Godmothew. : )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is what a call "sweet"..Katy is truely blessed.

ShanaM said...

That is so cute!!

Shannon said...

How sweet is that? What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Yes I do think of you as my Fairy Godmother!!!!!!!