Doubt

An email to a friend:
OK - here's the deal.
I'm home for two days trying to get my life back together - yet again.
Sat., got up, got dressed to go look for a job after school and on the weekend, had ten minutes to be at church at 10:00, walked outside, dressed for interviews and there it was. Flat freakin' tire. Not just kind of flat..rim was on the ground. Lost it. Completely lost it.

Called Brad - already at the church - to come get me. Still crying. What have I done wrong? Why can't I get a break? I knew I didn't have but $60 in my purse, and to my name, and how would I fix a tire? How would I pay someone to come do this for me? I DO NOT LIKE ASKING PEOPLE TO HELP ME. So, I called my godson. Thought I had it together when I dialed his number. Nope. The sound of his voice made me lose it again. He helped me. He hugged me. He fixed my tire. And then I went back inside, and lost it again.

I've tried to stay focused. I've tried to have a joyful heart. I've bought every self-help book I can. The Secret, The Message (bible), etc. etc. Written in my journal. Staying positive. WHY, WHY, WHY can't things be different? When will I have time to wash clothes or clean my floors if I have a job at night, too?

And then, like every morning, I get up, get my coffee and read my friends' blogs. And there was yours. I was, of course, expecting to find something hysterical about my "borrowed boys" but not this morning. This morning it was for me. You didn't know that, did you!? : ) It was about my doubt. The Lord worked through you on this one, Stormy. Thank you. Thank you for making a difference in someone's life...even when you didn't know it.
Donna

If you want to read Stormy's post on Doubt (and why it was all about me : ) go to http://stormyhickman.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Stormy Hickman said...

I know I already talked to you about this, but I thought I should mention that you could be like me and just not clean your floors. ;0

Shannon said...

Isn't it wonderful how God gives us exactly what we need, exactly when we need it? He is GOOD!
I'm praying for you my friend and I miss you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I HEART YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL EVERY KNOW!!! Friends to the end Momma...