I Will Never Be Your Friend....


"I am your mother.  I am not your friend."  I wonder how many times I've said that to my sweet girls.  And maybe at the time I meant it.  Yes, I'm sure I did mean it.   They were little girls and they are, after all, 26 and 29 years younger than I am.  I was the mother and I was in charge.  I wanted them to be respectful of me and of other people as they ventured out into the world.

And now, ironically, THEY are 26 and 29....the ages I was when I had them.  And yes, you guessed it.  They are my friends.  Of course they are my daughters, and they always will be.  My live baby dolls I had dreamed of since I was a little girl.  They were my greatest joys and my biggest blessings. Always have been, always will be.  But now....  "Always Your Mother....Now Also Your Friend."

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Perfect. You have always loved with passion. And I will never forget our times together and watching those beauties grow!