Exit

EXIT....how many times a day do we see this word? It is over doors, it is on highways, it is in movie theatres. One of the online dictionaries defines exit like this:
1. The act of going away or out. To make one's exit; depart.
2. A passage or way out.
3. The departure of a performer from the stage.
4. Death.

Today I have my Exit Interview with CSISD. Today, I remember how, as a young woman of 20, I did my student teaching in this district. How I interviewed and was so excited and proud to be a member of this family of educators. I am also extremely blessed that my daughters were able to be educated in this district from Kindergarten on. And now, I'm saying goodbye. I'm exiting.

I looked at that definition again and saw so many similarities in my departure from CSISD. I am making my departure. I will no longer be a member of this family. Wonder if they will remember me? Did I make a difference? I think "the departure of a performer from the stage" would have some of my colleagues laughing. I'm pretty sure at times, they wanted this performer to depart the stage! Did I make them laugh? Did I "perform" my job to the best of my ability? Death - not so sure about this definition! : ) I am sure that part of this does feel like a death. There will be tears and there will be goodbyes to people I will never see again. But there is also a new life waiting for me........One that I thank God for every single day. I will never forget to be thankful for this new life and all the blessings that Christ has bestowed on me and on Kevin as well. So, as I exit CSISD, I am entering a new phase of my life. The best phase. With a godly man that I adore.

~Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17

~

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I didn't realize you were leaving. Good luck and blessings to you!

Shannon said...

You absolutely will NOT ever be forgotten. Your contagious laughter, your hysterical sense of humor, your sweet smile, your kind heart, your brilliant mind- could never be replaced. CSISD will truly not be the same without you. Although I'm so excited for this new chapter in your life- I am so sad for you to leave us. You my friend are irreplaceable and I love you!