My Future!! Woohoo!

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."
~Thomas Jefferson

I've never heard that quote in my life. I'm watching President Bush say goodbye to our nation. (Not goodbye to us Texans...he'll be just down the road a piece! : ) And on a side note...as only I can do...George and Barbara had dinner at Outback in College Station this week. : )

I hate goodbyes. I always have. I mean I HATE THEM. I don't remember my very first goodbye but I remember a lot of them.
~goodbye to my mother when leaving for A&M
~goodbye to my great-grandmother at Polk's Dept. store when leaving for A&M
~goodbye to my sweet Katy when she left home (just went across town!)
~goodbye to Mr. Boone - gosh there are times I need to see him. : )
~goodbye to Marcy when I left Navasota
~goodbye to James - oh, how I miss him
~goodbye to Kelsey (just across the road!)
~goodbye to my precious Papaw everytime I went back to A&M
~goodbye to Drew Darsey when he left "Parkplace"
~goodbye (my girls) to slumber parties, b'day parties, proms, homecoming, pom poms, hair bows, tea parties, dolls, etc.

So..President Bush's quote from Thomas Jefferson was PERFECTLY FITTING FOR DONNA DARSEY MYRICK in 2009! (Yes, it's all about me in 2009! : )

I love my past. Oh, yes I do. Anyone that knows me well, knows that I love my past. I love knowing every single thing about Crockett. I mean, I LOVE Crockett, TX!! Always have. Ask me who's kin to who and I'll tell you! : ) I mean, really. Who else knew and visited the woman that actually lived at the Monroe Crook home but me and Marti Watson. Anyone? : )

I have waited for the girls to go to college to finally date or even think about it. Now...I think I'm ready. So...as much as I love my past and have lived in it for WAY TOO LONG, I will now embrace my future because..."the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past."
HERE WE GO.....WOOHOO!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, I have enjoyed reading your blog---especially the comments about letter writing. Blessings for a wonderful, and bright 2009--- Eugene

Shannon said...

Donna,
I can't wait to see what God has in store for you this year because I know He has great plans ahead!
Love you my friend!

Randi said...

Good luck, Donna!!