My daughter, My friend

I have always and forever said that I would not be my daughters' friend. I would be their mother. How wrong I was! What a great day today with Katy. I picked her up and we went to the movie (ok, if I was in Crockett I would have said picture show!) and saw "Sex in the City". While I'm sitting there absolutely loving the fact that I can now share adult things with my girls, I look over at Katy and she has her hand over her eyes during the "racy" scenes. My wonderful daughter! Still innocent, still embarrassed, still modest....still one of the two most wonderful women I know. From a plaque she gave me one time..."Always my mother, now also my friend."

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Your daughter is such a sweetheart and I am so glad you two had such a fun day! :)

I'm so looking forward to your workshop today and getting to LAUGH with you!